The Bible is God’s Word of life to the world. Through the Bible we discern the voice and actions of God in human history. Through the Bible, we learn Who we worship. From the worship of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, we learn how to live as citizens of His Kingdom on earth.
The Holy Spirit has called the IPHC to be a people who live and walk in the Spirit. We believe all the gifts of the Spirit are active today. We believe the Holy Spirit empowers the Body of Christ corporately and individually to fulfill the mission of God on the earth.
Holiness is beautiful. God chose us and set us apart for His glory. Our lifestyles reflect the character of the God who called us to Himself. We believe that He calls us to be holy in order to reveal His grace, mercy and love to a broken world.
We know that Christ rules over all creation. Our call is to manifest the reality of His reign. By serving our communities, embracing diversity and reaching the lost, we embody Christ’s Kingdom on earth.
As a church, we are called to corporately and individually see justice established. We intercede for those who have no voice. We stand with the poor, the weak and the oppressed. We will not be silent in the face of injustice. We will be a place of hope.
We celebrate all generations and acknowledge that each is essential in the Body of Christ. We honor those who have gone before us and empower those who are following. The contribution of each generation is welcomed and encouraged as we pursue our God given destiny.
All of our resources, whether material or spiritual, are gifts from a loving God. We do not live fearfully based on our lack. We live gratefully based on God’s provision. We commit ourselves to be obedient as tithers, joyful in giving and generous in heart. As He gave, we give.
1. We believe there is but one living and true God, everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; Maker and Preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in the unity of this Godhead, there are three Persons of one substance of eternal being, and equal in holiness, justice, wisdom, power, and dignity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
2. We believe that the Son, who is the Word of the Father, the very and eternal God, of one substance with the Father, took man’s nature in the womb of the blessed virgin; so that two whole and perfect natures, that is to say, the Godhead and the manhood were joined together in one Person, never to be divided, whereof is one Christ, very God and perfect man, who actually suffered, was crucified, dead, and buried, to reconcile the Father to us, and to make atonement, not only for our actual guilt, but also for original sin.
3. We believe that Christ did truly rise again from the dead, and took again His body, with all things appertaining to the perfections of man’s nature, and ascended into heaven and there sits until He shall return to judge all men at the last day.
4. We believe the Holy Ghost, proceeding from the Father and the Son, is of one substance, majesty and glory with the Father and the Son, very and eternal God.
5. We believe in the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, known as the Bible, composed of sixty-six books and divided into two departments, Old and New Testaments. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, the full and complete revelation of the plan and history of redemption.
6. We believe that eternal life with God in heaven is a portion of the reward of the finally righteous; and that everlasting banishment from the presence of the Lord and unending torture in hell are the wages of the persistently wicked (Matthew 25:46; Psalm 9:17; Revelation 21:7, 8).
7. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the remission of sins that are past, for the regeneration of penitent sinners, and for salvation from sin and from sinning (Romans 3:25; 1 John 3:5-10; Ephesians 2:1-10).
8. We believe, teach and firmly maintain the scriptural doctrine of justification by faith alone (Romans 5:1).
9. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the complete cleansing of the justified believer from all indwelling sin and from its pollution, subsequent to regeneration (1 John 1:7-9).
10. We believe in sanctification. While sanctification is initiated in regeneration and consummated in glorification, we believe it includes a definite, instantaneous work of grace achieved by faith subsequent to regeneration (Acts 26:18; 1 John 1:9). Sanctification delivers from the power and dominion of sin. It is followed by lifelong growth in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:16; 2 Peter 3:18).
11. We believe that the Pentecostal baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire is obtainable by a definite act of appropriating faith on the part of the fully cleansed believer, and the initial evidence of the reception of this experience is speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Luke 11:13; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4; 8:17; 10:44-46; 19:6).
12. We believe in divine healing as in the atonement (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:16, 17; Mark 16:14-18; James 5:14-16; Exodus 15:26).
13. We believe in the imminent, personal, premillennial second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:10-14; Matthew 24:29-44), and love and wait for His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8).
14. We believe it is the responsibility of every believer to dedicate his life to carrying out the work of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-20; Acts 1:8).
Bacons Bridge Free Worship Center is a member of the South Carolina General Conference of the International Pentecostal Holiness Church (SCIPHC).
Bacons Bridge Free Worship Center IPHC
Bacons Bridge Free Worship Center - 1816 Bacons Bridge Rd. Summerville, SC 29485 US
Copyright © 2020 Bacons Bridge Free Worship Center - All Rights Reserved.